Sunday, April 26, 2015

Memento



This project was based primarily on an important memory. My memory was of my very first dance recital. I was five years old and I did a ballet dance to the "Pink Panther" theme song. I had on a pink tutu with a pink furry tail, a giant pink bow in the hair, and long pink silk gloves. I remember being happy and excited to dance on stage with all my friends. Backstage was a little chaotic and crazy, but it did not affect me at all. This memory is important to me because I have been dancing for 14 years and your first dance recital is always the most memorable.

For this project we were only allowed to use 3 materials. I used wood, paint, and feathers. With these materials I made a box to symbolize the stage, the pink glitter paint to symbolize the color of my costume, and finally I used to feathers to represent the furry tail on my costume. I wanted to over exaggerate the colors of the costume with the glitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment